Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Meyers & Briggs Personality Type Tests

Have you ever taken a Meyers & Briggs Personality Type Test? It's a personality test based on the psychologist C.G.Jung's theory of psychological types. 

Source: http://www.bridgitsmith.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/myersBriggs_gfx_1a.jpg
I have to say that though the Meyers & Briggs personality types have been considered valid and reliable, I often get different results depending on the website I'm using. 

In fact, I've recently taken the test from three different sites and have received three different results: 
  • The test at HumanMetrics tells me that I am a INFJ (Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging). 
  • The test at TeamTechnology tells me that I am a ISTJ (Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging).
  • The test at Kisa Personality Inventory tells me that I am a INTJ (Introvert iNtuitive Thinking Judging).

So which website is correct? Truth to tell, I don't know. 

However, somethings appear to be consistent no matter what website I use: I am an introvert, meaning that I am more reflective and prefer to focus on my inner world rather than actively involve myself in projects and interact with others. And as I live my outer life, I prefer a more orderly and structured (Judging) lifestyle than one filled with change and unpredictability (Perceiving). 

As for whether I am more iNtuition based or Sensing based or Thinking based or Feeling based, it appears that it is not easy to tell. In fact, the Kisa Personality Inventory tells me that I am almost evenly split between iNtuition and Sensing and Thinking and Feeling. 

And having read through all of the personality types, I find myself agreeing with each and every one of them. After all, we have within all of us some part of each personality preference. Moreover, I love that taking these tests have given me another chance to reflect on how I interact with others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment